AirPhysio is drug-free handheld lung physiotherapy device designed to assist in the clearance of secretions from the lungs. AirPhysio uses a combination of Active Cycle of Breathing Techniques (ACBT) and Oscillating Positive Expiratory Pressure (OPEP). This combination is very effective in loosening, mobilizing and eliminating mucus from the airways.
There are many advantages in using the AirPhysio device.
- The use of AirPhysio device is much more tolerable to your patients compared to the conventional chest physical therapy.
- Your patients do not need assistance in using AirPhysio. They can use the device independently at a place and time that is convenient for them.
- AirPhysio is portable. It is small and lightweight enough for your patients to go just about anywhere.
Moreover, AirPhysio can be used as an adjunctive therapy to prevent pulmonary complications in patients after surgery (i.e. cardiac and abdominal surgeries). The use of AirPhysio facilitates secretion mobilization, prevents atelectasis, and increases lung volume of patients postoperatively.
The AirPhysio provides OPEP therapy for patients with respiratory conditions including:
- Cystic Fibrosis;
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPDs), such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema;
- Other conditions producing retained secretions.
AirPhysio is proudly supporting Asthma Australia.
Please contact us with any questions. We would be happy to hear from you!